Switch off the Darkness in Finland!
Try 1: Adapting to the Finnish Culture
On my way to adapt more successfully into the finish culture, I ve just completed three new steps, on which I want to report to you!
Well I ll assume that you all know the "Tour-de-France", or the Formula 1 GP, when all the communities and states are closing the streets and preparing them for the specialized sporting event.
A few weeks ago, the streets of Rovaniemi were closed...not for Bicycle-Sport, no Motorsports..real Horsepower, or should I admit real Deer Power :D...
Welcome to the Reindeer Race of Rovaniemi!...Only can be seen in Finland. I ll guess we normal Europeans have different tastes in Sports and cultural events :P
But no worries :) Finland still belongs to Europe, and has of course, typical geographical elements representing the weather of the seasons...
As you hopefully have read on my blog, the typical finnish winter represents as the following:
Starting from Oktober, moving on of November, December, January, until February... Darkness rules the Nature and Social Life...
but then suddenly...the sun is shining again, and all the people in Finland wake up and realize, Hey... it's definetely to light in here :)
It is really impressive, how the situation of light can affect people's life. In the winter time, it was not that easy to always motivate myself, you just loose your motivation in everything, being tired all day(if you can speak of a day when there is almost no light available).. and then:
As someone has switched on the light... The sun rises nowadays in the Morning from around 5.00 am, and stays light until 7.30 pm
As someone has switched on the light... The sun rises nowadays in the Morning from around 5.00 am, and stays light until 7.30 pm
Isn't that a little bit strange? As the nature just meant to play a trick on humanity :)
Okay...Well I see the consideration in the temperatures, -15°C with the wind in Rovaniemi is not that really warm weather to sit outside, have some BBQ, cold Beers and enjoy sunbathing...
![]() |
| Taking Sun...The Finnish Way |
But you can always dream[ sunbathing with a winterjacked, scarf, and of course the sunglasses], and for example today..it was +1 °C, a new sensation to celebrate, I almost have no snow on my balcony anymore, except the 75 cm high snow hills on the corners of my balcony :P
One next step closer on adapting to the finnish culture, you definetely need some snacks for coffee... so Henna and I have made our own "Pulla" :)
...which is very excellent to have while inviting Friends for Coffe :)
Tomorrow, You ll find here on this Blog a new report about more typical finnish features like
ICEFISHING
and
Snow Mobile Safari
Have a nice day!



.jpg)


Keine Kommentare:
Kommentar veröffentlichen