Freitag, 7. Dezember 2012

International Part III - Finland - Eating Reindeer and baking Gingerbread

Welcome to the International Part III - Finland!

In this post I would like to reflect my experiences about eating some really traditional food made in Finland! :)
I was invited to a small unique private party at my tutors place. The thing was about to eat some really typically finnish food :) So here it comes the reindeer:
Reindeer Meat...Thanks Vesa!
It was a really awesome food Vesa! It took him around 5-6 hours to prepare it. So I felt really honored to taste this. As of course, you also need something as a dessert:

Bread with fish-eggs.
I normally don't like fish things, but I just said to my Tutor: "Vesa, I don't want to know what s in this, or what it is made of..." So I just tasted it, and when I was told what kind of parts of the fish it is made of, it was not easy to keep my stomach quietly :) but it was very good!

As another dessert, we bake some Gingerbread togehter. As you may have read my post about the political party and the election in Finland, you can recognize Isa on this picture, enjoying the time to bake some gingerbread :)

Isa @ doing gingerbread
As a participant of the Finnish friendship Family program of the University of Rovaniemi, I applied for getting a finnish friend to get to know more about the culture and its unique people which are living in the beautiful
and cold country of Finland.
Let me introduce you Maija-Lisa.

Maiija-Lisa @ preparing some GLÖCKI aka Glühwein

Maiija-Lisa is a finnish Lady of Rovaniemi, which married a german guy from Lübeck, lived around 30 years in Germany, and is now back in Rovaniemi since 10 years. She speaks a perfect german, and is always helping me also little bit with my progress in the finnish language.
Today, the 6th of December, it is finland's holy day of Independency. Maija is living alone at the moment, and so I thought it would be a nice idea on a holy day to visit her and have a good meal together with another german student Christina from "Deggendorf" :)

As I mentioned above, I ate already reindeer meat, so it was time to eat something new: "Elk or moose" :)
Elk with mushed potatoes

It was a really nice meal!





Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen