Sonntag, 30. September 2012

IT-studying..and how to become a nerd

The University of Applied Sciences in Rovaniemi has some quite excellent laboratories:
One of those Laboratories is called the "pLAB". Normally it is only allowed for IT-Students, who are participating in some IT-Projects.
In the pLab, they have about 20 workingstations with big screens and pcs, it is very comfortable to work their,  just silence, some IT-programming-Nerds around you and you can focus on your studies quite good.
taking over the lecture :) maybe I should become an IT-Tutor instead of Maths-Tutor? :)


There is also a dodged Snow-Mobile in front of 3D cinema wall, where they can simulate some special engines and surroundings.
Some couches, a huge beamer and an old Nintendo Game Cube are representing the realxing Area of the pLAB.
On my first Week, I was walking through the University with open-eyes, and in front of one of the great screens, which represent the Virtual Demonstrations of their Engines,Projects etc. I got into a nice conversation with one of the heads of the pLAB.
After a few minutes, I just filled out a paper, and got an 24/7 access card to the pLAB.

after a few mins/hours of studying, it s good to have some humor :)

My IT-lectures are getting more and more interesting, and I think I ll schould better start learning and programming for my first exam on the 12th of October. It will be the first of two exams about Object-Oriented-Programming in Java.

OOPJ: compilating some simple JAVA code, but still some errors left :(


The lecturer of OOPJ(Object-Oriented-Programming-JAVA) has an interesting way of teaching how to learn programming in JAVA. Lots of theories, lots of complicated powerpoint slides, using very complicated examples to make sure, that noone understands anything, and then give some strange tasks to solve.
It's sad but true that not all the students can cope with this kind of lectures/methods of learning.

studying level ASIAN


Some of them aren't as much motivated and interested in the lectures. I could make every week two pictures of this student, every lecture he falls asleep. Maybe he has a much more interesting nightlife?...
The other students are spending the most time in their personal laptops/pcs by checking out what s up on 9GAG or on Facebook.

This week, I also had some visit from Germany, but my friend Ralf will tell you about it more on the next post.  So stay decent and tuned!

Best Regards!


Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen