Sonntag, 7. Oktober 2012

Part I: Leirikari Cottage Weekend

Welcome to the Leirikari Cottage Weekend(28-30.09.2012).

To summarize:  
Sauna,Games,Drinks,BBQ,Sauna,Games,Drinks,BBQ,Sauna,  did I ever mentioned Sauna, Games, Drinks and BBQ?...

I have no idea what happend this weekend!

For some of the students, it was a very typical weekend. Dark-Light,Dark-Light,Dark-Light(Monday)
Let's say, i ll guess that they won't be able to remember too much of the weekend except the dark nights, the day of arrival and the day of returning.

Luckily I survived the Leirikari Cottage Weekend and I am able to tell you at least a few funny and interesting things about the weekend.

The Cottage consist of three houses,  main(party)house, small(silent house)[for the boring non partyanimal-people, who need some sleep or wanted to relax], and the Sauna house, which was open 24/7.

We startet on Friday in the afternoon.

Destination: Leirikari,  about 40 km away from Rovaniemi,  in the middle of nowhere, where everything is quiet and silent,  except some students, disturbing the silence with *farts, *rülps*, *beer opening*, *yelling*,*hitting cans*,*again more yelling*, *censored * etc.





Our exchange-student-tutors have organized this trip for us. They also made some program content between the partying time:


As a ordinary-german student, who stands for Punctuality, typicall German Orderness and stick to the rules, I had to confess that some other german exchange students and I weren't able to be silent at 5 am. It was about 6. 30 am in the morning, when one of the tutors turned of the music and finnish(ed) our party, but let's get to this point later.

I will skip the Welcome and the Time together, because it was just about introducing yourself to the others exchangestudents, who should already know each other


(if not, I would say you are not going to take place in society's life ).


In this picture, you can see the Sauna house of Leirikari Cottage. We have spent there a lot of time. It is one of the best ways, to have some serious talks about all that men stuff :) 
As you already know(if not read my blog ),  silence in a communication isn't a rude thing,  it is welcomed and can be seen as a part of the conversation here in Finland. So I know, why there are so many Sauna-Times in Finland.The following picture expresses this idea behind a finnish sauna in one of the best ways:

It all makes sense, we went in there for both ways,  drunk and not drunk

It was a huge sauna, where almost about ten persons could fit in. By the way, thanks for the nice talks!
On Friday evening, there was also a thing about "Identity". There were some sayings on a wall, and our job was to fix out and guess, who of our tutors belongs to which point.

One for example has ever stripped for money...So I think he did a good/or at least an acceptable job.



The day goes on with some drinkin card games. It was a international challenge, a group of french and finnish people against some exchange students from Germany and Austria. I don't know why, but in every mind, Germany is known for its excellent beer ( sry Belgians,  your beer is good, but not good enough to compete the german) and the ability to drink a lot.


Actually it was a very funny and excited game. We all had a lot of drinks, and some nice conversations about the each country and their stereotypes.
The rest of friday evening was just a great party!





So that was the Friday of the Cottage Weekend. At the end of friday, or let s say saturday, we were surounded  by trees. Trees...everywhere just trees.
Better to get some sleep.



Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen