The last week was fully stressed for me, I had to arrange a lot of things concerning my pratical internship here in Rovaniemi.
Also I had to write an Exam in the course called "Basic of Embedded Systems", but I made it. As a last project, to show up your learned skills, everyone had to finnish this course with a self made project.
So I thought to myself, why not confront them with some present issues about renewable energies?
To make it as simple as possible, I add the following picture, to get them introduced to the topic:
![]() |
| Man it took me half an hour to create this image...feel free to say " Good Work Lau :) " |
The idea behind this project was to built up a wind level indication systems. So that you can set up, how strong the wind is, and then there should be an graphical output interpretation looking something like this:
![]() |
| Altera DE 2 Board, Wind Level Indication Systems |
Okay, don't worry, I won't go too much into details. But it was atleast good, to take something from your home studies. I mean, I like to study all those Information technology, but I don't have in plan to become a Software Engineer. So maybe I ll should do it like Mr. Bean? What would you say?
![]() |
| so tell me, am I in the wrong business? :D |
Luckily, I made the exam, and all my reports for it, so now let's move over to another interesting part...the weekend. This weekend I was on a meeting of a finnish political party, on a Halloween party, and on a long nature trio.
As I already mentioned, the guys here in Finland are crazy after a drink called "Salmari / Salmiakki".
It is a very special kind of taste, we middle-european-people are not used to it, so I would like to show you my reaction and the reaction of my good friend Ralf, when it came to drink it:
Of course, it looks like just a normal drink, but I can assure you, inside you can feel it like this:
I just can't wait to introduce you to all this typical finnish drink :) There will be so much fun!
Okay, so we set up the drinking part of the weekend. But as you know, there is much more than just behind drinking. Normally you feel better when you can talk to some people. Let me introduce you an interesting way of communication in Finland:
It is a very special kind of taste, we middle-european-people are not used to it, so I would like to show you my reaction and the reaction of my good friend Ralf, when it came to drink it:
![]() |
| Ralf @ Fisu and Salmiakki, enjoy it Man! |
I just can't wait to introduce you to all this typical finnish drink :) There will be so much fun!
Okay, so we set up the drinking part of the weekend. But as you know, there is much more than just behind drinking. Normally you feel better when you can talk to some people. Let me introduce you an interesting way of communication in Finland:
I think that it is also possible to observe this part of communication in Germany, or in other countries. So take away your phones and start talking to other people. And also start listening!
Isabelle, the women on the right in the picture, is going to be elected for a regional council, so ll I hope she will make it. On friday evening, she invited me to join a "political" meeting, to have some drink s in a bar called "Hemmingways". The purpose was just to enjoy time together with some finnish people, talk a little about politics, and of course drink something together.
Politics take care of the youth today, by giving some presents(we call it Lobbyism :) , compare the next Image) for the young people, to enjoy some fun with each other, and take consideration about some issue of the world today's problem.
Or just to sum up: Politics helping high/un-educated people to have sex.
But I have to confess, it was a very interesting evening. I was the only one, who didn't spoke any finnish, so thanks to my tutor Vesa, who was so friendly to translate the most interesting things and conversations for me.
I don't want to mention too much, but I am going to introduce him to you on the next post :) [ stay surprised Vesa... :) ]
Best Regards
Lau
Isabelle, the women on the right in the picture, is going to be elected for a regional council, so ll I hope she will make it. On friday evening, she invited me to join a "political" meeting, to have some drink s in a bar called "Hemmingways". The purpose was just to enjoy time together with some finnish people, talk a little about politics, and of course drink something together.
Politics take care of the youth today, by giving some presents(we call it Lobbyism :) , compare the next Image) for the young people, to enjoy some fun with each other, and take consideration about some issue of the world today's problem.
Or just to sum up: Politics helping high/un-educated people to have sex.
But I have to confess, it was a very interesting evening. I was the only one, who didn't spoke any finnish, so thanks to my tutor Vesa, who was so friendly to translate the most interesting things and conversations for me.
![]() |
| My Tutor Vesa |
Best Regards
Lau







gut mit dem exam! ...auf den salmiakki bin ich gespannt ;)
AntwortenLöschen