Sonntag, 4. November 2012

Trip to Napapiirin Retkeilyalue

Hello and welcome to my next blog update.
Todays post will be about a trip I made to the Napapiirin Retkeilyalue( = Artic Circle Hiking Area-Trip).
The Hikin Area is around 24 km(according to Henna :) ) ; I would guess between 20-30 km away from Rovaniemi.

I was invited by three fins, Eero, Mari and Henna, to join them on their trip to make some beautiful pictures, get inspired by the lovely landscape, and of course have a nice BBQ in the evening. To sum up a typcally lazy student day, enjoying society and people, having nice talks... everything just not to think about studies :)

Eero, Mari & Henna :)



Our trip started at 12 am in the morning. We went there as lazy as we are by car.


The weather of the day was a clear view, but very cold. 


Eero loves to take professional pictures, so he just did some awesome shots :)

Eero in Action: for more pics: pls visit  http://ejk.kuvat.fi/
He is really into this business! I really like to check out his pictures!
Another main attraction were the animals, which lives in the Hiking Area :)

We went hiking for around 2 hours, taking pictures, talking(unluckily not too much in English, more in Finnish) and just enjoying the moment until we reached one of the several BBQ-places.
At some point, the ladies tried to navigate us to the BBQ place. It was an interesting thing to watch em lookin for the way, while Eero and I was just standing next to it and smiling :)


Maybe the next time, the ladies just need a sexy and amazing voice of their GPS-Navigation System.?
I only can recommend this one :)



Later on that day,the ladies were tired off the walk, so we decided to rest for a while and eat a lot of sausages.
BBQ


The world is very small, so on the journey, we ve met some of the principal lecturer of the university :)




The way back home was a little bit scary, because it was completely dark already at 5 pm, and you could hear a lot of animal noises. 
And in some point I wasn't sure if it was just Henna, making jokes of my scareness, :D






So it was just the question if you want to get frozen or get hunted J, but luckily we didn’t had any meeting with some of the animals.All in all was it a very nice experience, and I was impressed how much the Fins can talk, when they having a bonfire and eat together.
The following pictures should maintain my impressions which I made on this trip. Thanks Eero, Mari and Henna!

The pictures are of course not in a compition with yours Eero :D


one of the crossing bridges


The silent place in finland :)



nobody can across it, except... :D







Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen